ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT CREMATION
- The coffin is always sealed before it arrives at the crematorium. It remains sealed during the service and is cremated with the deceased person.
- Crematoria welcome questions and have a Code of Practice which is available upon request.
- Precious metal is virtually destroyed during the cremation and any that remains is buried in an unmarked part of the grounds.
- Each cremation is carried out individually and the ashes removed at the end of the process before the next cremation begins. Therefore the ashes at the end of the cremation are, without any doubt, the remains of the person identified on the label attached to the urn.
- All cremations are completed on the day of the coffin entering the crematorium.
- The ashes that we receive are the remains of the body only and not of the coffin.
For information about the local Crematoria in Bournemouth, Poole, Southampton, Salisbury and Weymouth, please click here.